Take the Joban Expressway “Sakura-Tsuchiura IC” exit and drive north about 8km.
Free parking available. (120 automobile parking spaces.)
By train and bus
From Tokyo >> Tsukuba Station (Tsukuba Center)
Tsukuba Express <train>
Akihabara Station to Tsukuba Station (c.45 min.)
JR Joban Line and bus <train>
- Ueno Station to Hitachino-Ushiku Station, or Arakawaoki Station, or Tsuchiura Station.
- Transfer to JR bus bound for Tsukuba Center or Kanto Railway bus bound for University of Tsukuba Central. Alight at Tsukuba Center. (>> Bus)
- Tokyo Station Yaesu-minami (Yaesu South) Exit to Tsukuba Center. (>> Bus)
- Haneda Airport >> alight at Tsukuba Center (>> Bus)
Tsukuba Station (Tsukuba Center) >> Tsukuba Botanical Garden
A bus leaves from the Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal, adjoining Tsukuba Station, as follows:
- Tsuku-Bus (North: Hokubu Shuttle)(Bus stop No. 3) >> alight at Tsukuba Botanical Garden (5 min.) >> 3 min. walk.
- Techno-Park Oho Route(Bus stop No.5) >> alight at Tsukuba Botanical Garden (c.5 min.) >> 3min. walk
- Tsukuba University Circle Line (counter-clockwise) (Bus stop No. 6) >> alight at Amakubo 2-chome (6min.) >> 10min. walk.
- Tsukuba Science Tour Bus (runs only Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays.) North Route >> arrival at Tsukuba Botanical Gardens.
- A taxi from the Tsukuba Center to the Tsukuba Botanical Garden takes about 5 minutes (c.3 km)
- Bicycles can be hired from Tsukuba Station.
*See the Tsukuba City website for details of bicycle hire.
- Apply for a rental bicycle at the Tsukuba City Tourist Information Center (BiVi Tsukuba 1F , 1-8-10 , Azuma , Tsukuba city)
- ID required when applying.
Inquiries: Tsukuba City Tourist Information Center. Tel. 029-879-5298